Thursday, November 4, 2010

Back again!

Well, I missed posting on my blog yesterday because I went to bed super-early. I had a crazy long day and on top of that my allergies kicked in and I took a Benadryl.  I think I even shocked my family at how early I went to bed.

So anyways I will try to make it up to all of you. Today's post is also going to be pretty short because again it was a busy day and I have to work a ton this weekend so I am just going to share a fun new layout I created in my new sketch class, Got Sketch 106.  Now this class is super awesome and if you love sketches, you may want to check it out here.  It is taught by the super awesome and super talented Valerie Salmon.  She is a  regular contributor to Scrapbooks Etc. magazine and is also on the Scarlet Lime design team.  The class is 3 whole weeks chock full of sketches and inspiration. I have taken every single one of Val's sketch classes...the "whole enchilada" as we GotSketchers like to call it...and I have used them over and over and over again.  Love em!


These pictures are of the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom.  The sketch was perfect for my focal point picture of the tree and the detail shots of all the animals carved into the tree....it truly is a sight to behold if you ever get the chance.  I also used some older Bo Bunny papers on here and glimmer misted some white Thickers from American Crafts to get the fun effects.  Finally I created two "paper rosettes" using patterned paper, a hot glue gun, and a circle punch.  Super fun and easy to make, but you definately need to use the glue gun...trust me, it works way better than anything else. :)

I also have detail shots of this but they are on my other camera so I will pop on here tomorrow evening and upload them.

Well off to bed. Tomorrow starts our Holiday Extravaganza weekend at Archiver's and I will be manning one of the free make-and-take booths, helping people make a super cute Christmas card.  If you have an Archiver's near you it is worth a visit. And if you are by Glenbrook Mall, come visit me and make a free card. :)

Until tomorrow,

Janeen

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I have always wanted to take some of Val's sketch classes. I just can't justify the cost right now. I have really enjoyed seeing what you have made in her classes. LOVE this one. I think I have pics like this as well!! That tree was really cool, wasn't it?!