Saturday, April 27, 2013

More Got Sketch Fun!

A few weeks ago amid the craziness of changing jobs (see previous post), Valerie from Got Sketch asked me to contribute another layout to the Got Sketch blog.  So of course I said yes.  I am a huge fan of her sketches and this one was just so much fun to work with. 
 
The sketch actually went live last Monday, but with starting my new job and getting a cold at the same time, I just didn't have the time or energy to get my layouts on the blog. 
 
Here's the blog post with the sketch as well as all of the designers' interpretations: http://gotsketch.blogspot.com/2013/04/sketch-155.html
 
As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to use it for a Disney layout. The 3 circles in the upper right corner reminded me of the shape of Mickey's head so I went off in search of the perfect Disney photo.  I found this awesome picture of my friend Debbie and I last November when we went to Disney for Christmas. 

 
I used a mixture of patterned papers from various companies: EK Success, Fancy Pants, BoBunny, and Queen and Company but I love the effect of all the different patterns and colors.  The Mickey head was cut out on my Silhouette Cameo.  And some fun Ali Edwards stamps complete the page. :)
 
After I completed the Disney layout, I  had one last picture from my sister's wedding ceremony to scrapbook and it was also perfect for this sketch, so I decided to use it again. Love how versatile it is...from fun and vacation layouts to elegant and wedding type layouts!
 
 
This layout was perfect to use up some of the 6x6 papers I have from this beautiful collection from Basic Grey. It was also a fantastic place to showcase this fun organza flower from Jolee's that I picked up on clearance. :)
 
Well I hope you all enjoyed my layouts and I'll be back later to share more!

No comments: