Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

These well-known words from Charles Dickens' novel A Tale of  Two Cities perfectly sums up 2013 for me. In 2013, I got a new job, met a pretty amazing guy, got to know my adorable nephew, and finally got a new car. I also lost one of my favorite places ever (which was also my place of employment), had 2 of my best friends move away, and the amazing guy mentioned above broke my heart.

Tonight as I was double backing up my photos from 2013, I realized this truth. I have so many amazing memories from this past year, but many of these memories also bring pain...the realization that things will never again be as they were.  Change is necessary but sometimes is oh so Difficult. Sometimes I wish I could go back to some of these wonderful memories and freeze time, but I know that is not reality. So I must remember the good and learn from the bad and strive to make this next year even better. So here's to 2014...may it be an even better year than last!

No comments: