Saturday, April 20, 2013

Change

Lots of stuff going on here in my little world over the past few weeks. Some sad and others oh so very good. Firstly, my local Archiver's store closed last Sunday. It has been a very emotional and busy time for me, since Archiver's has also been my job for the past 3 1/2 years as well as my scrapbook store and source of information and scrapbook goodies for many years. I have learned so much about this amazing hobby and have grown as a scrapbooker and as a carmaker in so many ways. I have also made some amazing friends, including Peggy, Robin, Pam, Jennifer, Heather, Wenona, and so many others. I have been able to come together with these ladies and share my love for papercrafting with them and also be inspired by them. The past few weeks have been filled with reminiscing and making new memories towels us remember the times we have spent at Archiver's. Today was my last day there and although I am sad to see it end, I know that God has bigger and better plans for me.

As I close out this chapter in my life, God has opened up another, unexpected opportunity for me to get back into the classroom and use the talents and training that He has given me. About the same time that I found out that the store was closing, I filled out an application and had an interview for a teaching assistant position at a local Montessori school. I knew it might be a long shot since I have no training or experience in the Montessori schools, but at my interview the directors and I hit it off really well. So this past Thursday they offered me a job as a teaching assistant in their lower elementary classroom. It is working with students in grades 1-3 and I start on Monday. They also want to train me as a montessori teacher in a year or two which is so exciting!

It is just so amazing those God at work through all of this. His timing is so incredibly perfect and this new job seems to be a perfect fit for me, my talents, and my passions. I have been waiting and praying for the right job to come along and for God to show me where He wanted me to be. Lately I had become so discouraged with teaching and I was beginning to wonder if this was really where God wanted me. I started looking for other job opportunities outside of teaching and tried to wrap my head around the idea that I wasn't going to be a teacher. I clearly remember having a conversation with a dear friend about 2 months ago. I was just feeling so discouraged and lost about my career path. I didn't know what to do and I just felt like everything was such a mess. My friend sat down and prayed with me after church and her prayer was that God would bring me a position out of the blue, something I wasn't expecting but that was the perfect fit for me. And this job is exactly that. I wasn't really even looking for it but now in about 3 days I will be back in the classroom full time, able to share my knowledge with students and guide them as they grow and learn.

This has been such a long journey for me and there are so many family and friends that have been praying for me throughout this entire journey. I want to take the time and thank you all for your love, support and encouragement to me through this long, difficult process. I want to leave you with some verses that have been so important to me throughout this time and maybe they can be an encouragement to you too.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart." -Jeremiah 29:11-13

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so happy that you found a job that will allow you to use your gifts. Your are an inspiration!

Janeen Beuchel said...

Thanks Tammy! :)