Friday, September 4, 2009

Scrappy Goodness! :)

Not a long blog post today, but I did want to share a few new layouts that I completed this week. 

I am totally loving how this layout turned out. The colors are so beautiful and peaceful and I really wanted my patterned papers and embellishments to reflect that. I found this dark blue paper from K and Company's Sea Glass line and I incorporated the light blue and text papers from Making Memories' Passport line.  I finally added this striking orange paper from Autumn Leaves to bring in the intense color of the sun as it peeked over the horizon.  I added a few embellishments and journaling over one of my photos to tell the story.  And my favorite part of the page? I am totally loving how the photos cover most of the page and reallly make a statement. :)
I am totally loving this layout as well.  While we were eating at Bubba Gump's, I noticed that their food liners were printed with this really cool newsprint type that had stories that all pertained to the Forrest Gump movie.  So before we left the restaurant I asked our server if I could have one of those papers to take with me. They were so nice and gave it to me.  It ended up making a great background piece for my layout. I just sprayed it with some Krylon Make it Acid Free! spray to neutralize the acid.  I also cut the restaurant's logo out of a phamplet I picked up while we were there. It made a great embellishment and also served as part of my title. So my challenge to you for today is the next time you are out somewhere and taking pictures or making memories, open your eyes and look around you for pieces of your world that would help you to tell your story in your scrapbooks. :)

No comments: