Monday, July 30, 2018

Disney Scrappers

Hello blog friends. I again seem to have neglected my little space here. I was thinking about it the other day and thought I would start sharing here again for you all. :)

Those of you who have followed me for any length of time know that I LOVE to scrap Disney. A little over a year ago my friend Susan Stringfellow asked me to be a design team member on the DisneyScrappers site. I was already an active participant on there and I love Susan's sketches, so of course I said yes. 

So today, I want to share a few of my design team projects with you. I will also link to the original sketch. If you like to scrapbook Disney, I highly encourage you to come check out DisneyScrappers.

Here is my layout for February 2018.

I created this layout for these awesome photos I was able to capture of the Beauty and the Beast show over at Hollywood Studios. Susan's sketch and exclusive "White Glove Level" die cut were perfect to help me showcase my photos. You can check out the sketch and challenge here: http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/forum/topics/2108-february-sketch-with-cut-file

Many times, I have way too many pictures for a single page sketch, so I turn them into double pagers. I typically take a few page elements and stretch them to cross both pages and add some embellishments and or the title to the second page to help your eye flow across both pages. I also love adding in a photo collage like I did above. It takes a lot of the design guesswork out of the page and they are so easy to make. The ones I use are all from Kerri Bradford. You can check out her collection of photo collages here: https://www.kerribradford.com/product-category/photo-templates/
and she has a great tutorial on how to use them (so easy!) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cInI_cGhQqY


1 comment:

Cindy deRosier said...

I've missed seeing your work. Glad you're back to blogging!