Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Scraplift Yourself

Have you ever scraplifted yourself? Scraplifting is looking at another's work and pulling inspiration from it, whether it be design elements, colors, embellishments or a title. While I love to scraplift other scrappers, one of my favorite things to do when I'm in a creative rut is scraplift myself.

 I was recently looking back through some of my layouts and I realized just how many times I have scraplifted one particular design. So I thought it would be fun to share it with you.


I created this layout from a sketch I received from the very talented Valerie Salmon in one of her sketch classes. She no longer has the classes but I still love her awesome multi photo designs. In this layout I stuck pretty closely to the original design and used multiple pictures in the recommended sizes. I also used some fun things for my borders including Bazzill strips, ribbon, and border stickers. I also put embellishments where the sketch had them and journaled on a tag. 


This was the next layout I created. I swapped the wavy edged strips for just straight cut borders of 3 different patterned papers. I kept the tag and circle embellishments the same but added photo corners to the large photo. 





On this layout I kept the same design but this time I used a fancy border I cut from my Silhouette. I also traded out the square tag for a rounded journaling spot.



For this layout I again used the fancy border cut for my layout because I loved the elegance it brought to my layout. I also moved the placement of the title and embellishments and added more strips to the right side. I used 2 8.5x11 photo collages to change up the photo design and found this design worked great for this size of collage. 


On this last page, I printed the 2 8.5x11 collages and then realized just how little space I had left to design in. It made me think of the wedding layout I had done so I looked to it for inspiration. I again loved the lacy border but decided that design was too fancy for my photos. So I switched out for the geometric one. I loved the embellishments more in the middle so I moved them. 

Now thanks to this great sketch and scrap lifting myself, I have 5 different layouts. They are scattered throughout my albums and they each have a different feel based on the photos and embellishments. 

So next time you are in a creative rut, try scraplifting yourself. The results will amaze you. :)










No comments: