Sunday, June 29, 2014

Time Well Spent

One of the perks about being a teacher is having some down time in the summer to recharge my batteries and get a fresh perspective on life. For me this includes a family vacation to my favorite place on earth...Disney (more on that later), lots of time to scrapbook and be creative, and spending time with others.
 
This past week, I spent my mornings investing in the elementary-school aged children at my church. I was a volunteer for our VBS (vacation bible school) on the crafts team and I worked with 2 other volunteers, Alicia and Amanda, to help kids make a different craft each day. Our church's VBS is huge with over 550 kids in attendance this year. We were in craft room 4 and we met with 3 groups of 30 kids to create a different craft each day.
 
These are some of my favorite pictures from the week:
 
 
The team does such a s great job presenting the gospel message in the large group through skits, Bible stories, worship, and fun activities (like sliming Kevin, our children's pastor). 186 kids accepted Christ as their forever friend this week and I am so glad that I had the time to be a part of this amazing adventure!
 

No comments: