Monday, September 13, 2010

A Creativity Blast!

Wow...wow...wow! I have been super-busy in my craft room nourishing my creativity this month. I have made more layouts in the past 2 weeks than I did in the prior 2 months! 16 so far.... and today I want to share a few of them with you all.


Love, love, love this layout for so many reasons. First it features some of my favorite pictures from a rockin' outdoor concert with the Christian worship band Delirious. It was so fun to get these photos and the colors were fabulous to get nice bold images. Then I stumbled across a page on scrapbook.com from the super-talented Taniawillis called "Rock Band" and knew I had to use the rockin' "Generation Z" line from Little Yellow Bicycle. The colors were perfect...only problem was that we clearanced out the line at Archivers' about a month prior to this. So I ordered the set from scrapbook.com and LOVE how it turned out! I used a sketch from one of the Got Sketch classes that I took with Valerie Salmon. My favorite parts are the metallic pieces that I included in the layout like the Bazzill Bling cardstock, metallic embroidery thread that I stitched with all the way around the page, and the metallic paint I used to cover the chipboard letters.

This layout is so bright and fun and it was really easy to put together. I used the "Petal Pushers" line from Bo Bunny and with its bright colors that matched my photos perfectly, I was able to create this fun layout in about an hour. To add a bit of dimension to the letters, I covered them in Glossy Accents after cutting them out on my Cricut.

I absolutely love these photos of my family and I in the pool at my aunt's house on July 4th. The colors were super bright and when I found this fun rub-on quote from Doodlebug and papers from the Archiver's exclusive "Endless Summer" line from WeRMemory Keepers, I knew that this layout would be super fun to make. I used another fabulous sketch from Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch classes to pull together this layout in under 2 hours. :)

One snowy night in February 2008, I wrote a poem describing my feelings about hoping that we would cancel school the following day with almost a foot of snow predicted so I wouldn't have to go to work. (one of the many perks of being a teacher!) The photo is a self portrait right before I went to bed. It was a really easy layout to put together with the matching products from one of my favorite lines by KI Memories. I used my cricut to cut out several of the snowflakes and my large title word "wish". I was also able to use up lots of metal embellies on here and that always makes me smile. :)  The layout design is scraplifted from Janna Wilson's layout "Fashionable 4th".

Well, I have to head to bed but I will be back to share more of my creative goodness later.

Night all and until next time,
Janeen :)

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Janeen

So glad to see you creating again. Keep up the good work