Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back to Blogging

Again I have let life get in the way of my blogging. This month has been absolutely crazy! Lots of stuff going on and major life events to share....
  • I guess the biggest piece of news is that Renee and Zach got married on October 3rd. The wedding was beautiful and Renee and Zach looked fabulous. I was a bridesmaid and I LOVE the dresses that Renee picked out for us. No pictures back yet but when they do get back I will post a few of my faves. :)
  • Last week my Uncle Jerry passed away. It has been an emotional time for our whole family, especially with it being so close to Renee's wedding. He had brain cancer and even though he fought bravely, he lost the battle. We will miss him very much. He was a great husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle.....our hearts are heavy but he is whole again!!! We will miss you Uncle Jerry....we love you.
  • I started my job at Archivers. I am really loving every part of it, especially getting to share my love of this fabulous scrapbooking hobby with others. I am not loving working retail again and I could do without the weekend and evening hours, but this is where my life is taking me at the moment so I will enjoy the present.
I have also been busily working on some scrappy projects this month. My creativity is holding out and I have gotten a lot done this month. Here are some of my favorites.



This was one of my October projects for the If It's Groovy blog. We were challenged to scraplift a sketch and use autumn photos or products. I was able to find these gorgeous photos of the tree in our front yard in full autumn colors with a gorgeous sunset behind it. The photos were perfect with this new Basic Grey "Indian Summer" line. The felt embellishements are my favorite part...they added just the right touch to my page.




This layout has some of my favorite photos from a local fall festival. I took these photos in 2007 and love the feelings they invoke in my heart. I used my cricut to diecut the cute little apples and added some felt letters and transparency frames to complete the look.




This is a photo I took of my dad in 2007. I scraplifted a page from Kelly Goree and used the new Basic Grey "Junebug" line. The colors lended themselves very nicely to this masculine page and even though I have flowers and ribbons on it, it complements my dad's photo perfectly.

I also took an online sketch class from my good friend Valerie Salmon called Got Sketch Doubles. I found the class totally inspiring and made some really cute pages from it. :)



These photos are from the Harry Potter book 7 release party that was held at our downtown library. They had people dressed as characters, games and events based on the books, and even a Daily Prophet to read as we waited for midnight. The pocket on the left page holds my copy of the Daily Prophet and Maurader's Map.  I also used some great patterned papers from SEI and glitter Halloween stickers from Doodlebug to get this fun, yet spooky look!


These are pictures from our Labor Day BBQ in 2007. I got some great shots of the family and I really wanted these photos to take center stage so I put all of my embellishments on the outside edges of the page. I even got to use up some BBQ stickers from Pebbles that I have had for a few years. Gotta love using up supplies!


These are pictures of my friends and I hanging out at a local park.  The title and monkeys are a play on words and I love the playful look they give to the layout.


This page showcases photos from my friend Cassie's wedding. I helped her make the programs that are on the page and I also included the invite to the page instead of a larger photo. I really like the way this one turned out and I got to use up some of my KI paper to boot!


Wow, this turned into a super long post and I still have more to share, but I will save that for later. :) Night all!

No comments: