By Janeen Beuchel
1. Start with a full 12x12 piece of paper In the color that you want your mat to be and a scrap 12” strip of cardstock. This strip will serve as your guide when you cut your mat down to size.
2. Punch along one edge of the scrap strip, making sure to line the edge of the paper up with the edge of the design printed on the punch.
3. Choose one corner of your 12x12 sheet and make one punch on each side of the corner with the edge of the paper lined up with the edge of the design printed on the punch as you did in step 2. It will look like this when this step is completed.
Repeat on the second side and when you are finished, it will look like this.
5. Now take your strip that you punched in step two and lay it on top of your 12x 12 page that has been punched and your measurements that you wrote down before you began. In order to get exact photo corners you need to determine how big to cut the paper and the punched strip will help you with this. The sides of your photo mat must be exactly as long as the inverted point exactly between each of the flowers punched. I labeled these points with the arrows in the photos below.
In my layout I wanted my photo mat to be about 10 inches by 10 inches. So to find out my exact cutting measurements I laid out my punched strip and my ruler on my page.
7. Finish punching the rest of your corners by making one punch on each side of each corner with the edge of the paper lined up with the edge of the design printed on the punch as you did in step 3. All 4 corners will look like this when this step is completed.
8. Then simply complete the punches between each set of corners. When finished your page will look like this.
9. Then take your punched strip and use one of the scallops as a pattern to draw your own scallop in each corner.
10. Use your scissors to cut each scallop you drew. When you are finished it will look like this.
Now you can use your Lacy Days of Summer photo mat on your layout and embellish as desired. Enjoy!