Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Scrappin' Up a Storm

Have you ever heard the expression "When it rains, it pours"? Well this little phrase just about sums up my scrapping world this month. It started when I joined two online classes, which are very different from each other but compliment each other beautifully! One is Got Sketch 102 from the fabulously talented Valerie Salmon and Janna Wilson with 2 new page sketches every week and lots of bonuses along with a weekly chat. The other is Product Playground 2 from Big Picture Scrapbooking, taught by Lisa Damarosh. This class is all about using your stash (which I have accumulated over the years) specifically edgy products, fabric and felt inspired products, office supplies, glitter!, stickers, and lettering. It has been awesome digging into my stuff and finding new (old) stuff to play with and find new uses or looks for! The best part of these classes is that I can create layouts that work for both classes and I don't have to do 2 seperate layouts each time...which rocks because I am uber-busy this month with everything else in life too.
Then about 2 weeks ago I ran into my friend Janet who I used to know from Luv2Scrapbook at Curves. We got talking and she told me about the card-making ministry at her church, which just happens to be my church as we found out! So last night I went to my first meeting for that and now will be making 50+ cards for the ministry at church, for birthdays in our church family as well as new babies, deaths, and other prayer requests. This is so totally a God thing because I have been asking Him to show me how I can use this creative scrappy talent for His glory and this just kinda fell into my lap. :) Gotta love it when that happens!
Then on Monday at school I was talking to one of our Kindergarten teachers who is also a scrapper and she told me about a scrapbook retreat that she and another teacher are going on from our school. So I, of course, hopped on board and in 3 weeks I will be heading to an all-weekend crop to scrap my heart out! Which is also awesome because I have wanted to get together and scrap with these ladies for awhile but our schedules have never worked out...so this is perfect! Also a bit weird because I haven't actually gone to a crop anywhere since last summer (2007)!
And to top it all off, my fabulous friend Rebekeh is coming to scrap all day on Saturday!!! :) 12ish hours of scrappping bliss...complete with a trip to Archivers! She is such a fun gal to scrap with and she comes over and helps me use my stuff and creates fabulous pages!!!! :) So I am super excited for that but I gotta get my scrap room cleaned...right now it is a disaster but on Friday night it will be awesomely clean! :)
Plus, I just bought a new Cricut cartridge..."Doodlecharms"...and I can't WAIT to play with it!!! :D

No comments: