Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Out of this World

Hello blog readers! I wanted to pop by and share my latest creation for Disney Scrappers. This month's sketch was a super fun one with circles and stars and room for 2 photos. You can check out the sketch here: http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/forum/topics/2018-august-sketch-challenge

I loved the feel to the sketch and it made me think of my Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin photos. I had tons of them though so I converted the sketch to 2 pages by extending several of the patterned papers and adding a third circle to the other side.


Susan also had some really fun cut files for us to use and so I was able to incorporate the little alien and planet die cuts. I also created my own space ranger logo die cut that I created using the Silhouette Trace feature. To go with the galactic feel of this layout, I watercolored behind each of the die cuts to match my papers, which are all from an older BoBunny line called "Sunkissed".


I turned to my Thickers stash to create this fun title. The silver ones I just picked up and I love the space feel they have...I can see them making their way onto lots of Tomorrowland pages.


I just love the way this layout turned out. The fun bright papers complement my bright photos and I just love the colorful die cuts!




1 comment:

Random Memories said...

Hello from a fellow Fort Wayner! I just randomly happened to find some of your Israel layouts on Pinterest! I then found your blog and was looking through your Israel album. A closer look made me realize you toured with Pathway Church and I noticed a pic of Tyler Ward! He married my son and DIL. :) I went to Israel in 2017 and it was a fabulous trip! Just finished my album and have posted a bunch of it on my blog and on Pinterest. Just wanted to say I love all of your layouts! I'm inspired!!
Blessings!!
Julie Leonhardt www.scrappinjulie@blogspot.com (Random Memories)