Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Few New Things....

Hello there my blog readers. I just wanted to pop in here on my blog and share a few new things with you all. :)

First up....if you look over there to the right ----------> you will notice a new blinkie on my page. If you click on that it will take you over to "my place" over on Scrapbook.com. I post all of my layouts over there so you can come on over and check out my work as well as sb.com's amazing site.  They have awesome galleries, formus where you can meet the nicest scrapbookers and papercrafters around, a fabulous online store where you can buy just about anything, and awesome resources to share with us who love this amazing hobby! :)

Next. I want to share a new layout I made a few days ago. 

 
 
These pictures are from our first visit as a family to the new Tincaps Stadium in downtown Fort Wayne. We had just gotten a brand new stadium and a new team so I really wanted to do something cool with the team's logo on my layout.  So I turned to my favorite scrapbooking tool, my Silhouette Cameo.  I downloaded the image of the team's logo from the internet into my Silhouette software and used the trace feature to make my own custom diecut for my layout. 
 
 
 
I love the large graphic look that this title gives to my page and it adds a personalized element to help me tell my story.  :)
 
 
I used a combination of cardstock and patterned papers to give my diecut some dimension and texture.  I also combined my diecut title with sticker letters from Jillibean Soup's Gameday Chili collection and also some old Making Memories rub-ons to create my custom title. 
 
If you are a Fort Wayne Tincaps fan and want the cut files for the Silhouette, just shoot me a message and let me know... :)

 
To add to the baseball theme of the layout, I hand-stitched the baseball border using a Silhouette diecut as a template. 
 
 
I also found this really old denim pocket from Making Memories in my stash and it was the perfect place to house my memorabilia: tickets and the schedule of games from the inagural season of the Tincaps. 
 
 
And a fun fact...the team is named the Tincaps because Fort Wayne is the burial place of Johnny Appleseed who, as folklore tells us, wore a tin pot on his head.  :)
 
And in a few days, I will be able to share more fun scrapping goodness on my blog...stay tuned! :)


No comments: