Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More December Daily

More December Daily pages to share...


Today marked the first official day of December and Debbie and I spent our day at Hollywood Studios enjoying the different rides and shows.  We also park-hopped over to Epcot to ride the new Test Track with Matthew after he got off work. We got to preview it with other Walt Disney World employees. One word...awesome!!

The details:  Since this was Hollywood Studios, I thought it would be fun to do my photos with a filmstrip feel to them.  I was able to do this so easily using Kerri Bradford's Snapshots #2 photo clipping templates. Minimal embellishments on the page make the photos the stars. :)

 
 
This was probably my favorite day of our trip...Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! The evening was full of magic and special events that made our evening memorable! The fireworks were amazing and I loved the parade as well! :)
 
The details: The photos on this page tell the story of  our amazing night and the full page diecut on the opposite page adds holiday charm and a bit of Disney magic to create this page.  The diecut which says "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" is from Kerri Bradford's December Additions digital die-cut kit...there are lots of fun backgrounds with this kit. You can see the details here.
 
 
Another fun day at Disney..this was our last day at the parks and we spent most of our day at the Animal Kingdom.  Highlights included our 3rd and 4th rides on Expedition Everest (I am hooked!), Mickey's Jingle Jungle parade, lots of animal sightings on safari, and our favorite meal of the trip at the Yak & Yeti in Asia. Yummy food!
 
The details:  When I did the page earlier with the presents on it, I thought it would be fun to do one large present with the day's page title on it.  So I used the same die-cut as earlier and sized my title to fit the present.  The title is from Kerri's kit "December Twenty-Five"...love the variety of words in here! I also ended up adding the journaling around the outside of the page since my diecuts took up the whole page. 
 
 
On my first day home, I headed up Parkview North and the NIC-U to see my new nephew Conor. He is so cute and I snapped a few pictures of him. This was my favorite one of the day. :)
 
The details: A large snowflake diecut page takes center stage on this layout. Its from the same kit that the "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from December 2nd came from. This was probably my favorite of the group and I used it on several pages.  I also pulled out my baby stamps from Ali Edwards to create the fun title block and snowflake accent block.
 
As I started to edit my photos from vacation, I started thinking about all of my favorite moments of our trip to Disney at Christmas.  So I decided to scrapbook my top 10 favorites from the trip here and now.
 
The details: The striped paper is probably my favorite paper that I used in my album but here it proved to be a bit too bright and competed with my photos. So to tone it down, I added a piece of vellum over the top of it.  This really let my photos shine. :)  To correspond with the top 10 list, I added number stickers to each photo that went with each memory. Love the simplicity of this page!
 
 
On this day, I caught what my friend Debbie and I later dubbed the Plague.  I have not been that sick in a very long time...I missed work this day and the following 2 days as well and spent most of this day in bed.  So to remember this, I took a picture of what got me through those days...the meds. :)
 
The details: The overall design of the page is pretty simple and I was able to use a stamp from Ali Edwards (ups and downs) that fit perfectly with the theme of my page.  The journaling block is also a stamp from Ali Edwards...love her stamps and how simple they make putting pages like these together.
 
 
Since I was down and out for 3 days, I watched a lot of movies and tv shows.  I got caught up on all the stuff I missed while on vacation and also watched  a ton of other stuff.  This page documents some of the things I watched while I was sick.
 
The details: A pretty simple page but with a big impact.  The photos were all taken from the internet using Google Images.  I found the largest sized resolutions for each photo and saved them to my computer. I then created the collage using another one of Kerri Bradford's templates.  So easy to do...
 
 
Once I started feeling good enough to get off the couch, I worked on my Christmas cards. I hand-colored the manger scene with my Copic markers for about 30 cards and also stamped, embossed and die-cut enough stockings for another 30 cards.  It definately kept me busy but I ended up loving how both of the cards came out.
 
The details: This was a fun page to put together.  I hand-colored the wreath and the phrase "celebrate the season" with my copic markers and used some fun die-cuts and stamps to create this page.
 
 
One of the cool things that our local hospital does is that it puts up each new baby's name and birth stats on a billboard.  It rotates with each baby's name and its a fun thing to add to the baby book and it was great for my album too. :)
 
The details:  This was another fairly simple page.  I used the diecut snowflake background page again and also added a print and cut from my Silhouette that coordinated with the Echo Park This and That Christmas collection. 
 
 
One of our family's traditions is my dad making his stollen bread.  I took this picture of him baking his bread and added the recipe handed down to my dad from his dad. 
 
The details: The red die-cut on the right is from the Silhouette online store...I just love the clean graphic look of this page.  Minimal embellishments and a picture of the finished bread finishes off this page. 
 
I will be back to share more of my album soon.  Now I am off to snuggle with my sweet nephew. :)
 
 


No comments: