Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cleaning the Cobwebs

Man, it's been awhile since I have been on here. I am almost ashamed to say it but I have been neglecting my little blog. So it is time to 'clean out the cobwebs' and start afresh.  So much has been going on in my life lately....

  • Crazy snowy weather, which has definately slowed down my subbing schedule. We have had almost 50 inches of snow this season....and our average is 35 inches. Just in February alone we have had about 30 inches alone! This shot is from a hike I took with my friend Emily after the last round of winter weather.

  • Busily getting ready for my trip to Israel with my church. We leave in just over a week and we will be traveling all over the country - Jerusalem, Bethlahem, Capurnum, the Sea of Galliee, the Jordan River, the Dead Sea, and many more places. I am so excited to be traveling to the land where my faith originated and to walk in the places that my Savior, Jesus, walked. I think it will be the experience of a lifetime and I get to enjoy it with some of my really awesome friends. :)
  • Playing with my new ipad, which I just got today to take with me on the trip. I am hoping to update my blog while I am there and this guy will help me do just that.
  • Welcoming Zach home from Iraq. He got home earlier this month and we are all so glad to have him back!
  • 
    This is Renee and Zach with Luke, who is Renee's godson.
    
  • Lots of scrapbooking and card-making. Here are just a few of my favorites.

I love this layout for so many reasons. This was the first time we met Captain Hook and Mr. Smee and the photo is so bright and fun. The papers also complement the photo perfectly. And I was able to create the fun skull and crossbones accent with some grungeboard and crackle paint from Tim Holtz.


This page uses the brand new "Campfire" line from October Afternoon. This is one of my favorite companies. Their papers are so fun and versatile and the accents are adorable! These photos are of the cabin we stayed in at Fort Wilderness on our trip in 2008. The colors and accents just work so well together to help me tell the story of our "Cabin, Sweet Cabin".


This was another one of those layouts that I just fell in love with while I was creating it. All the pieces were coordinated from a set of chipboard ocean elements that I had from Heidi Swapp. Everything else is a mish-mash of products from different companies but the colors are beautiful together and they really show off the great photos I got at Epcot.


This page is so bright and fun and totally compliments this awesome photo of my dad and I on the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin at the Magic Kingdom. The papers are for a summer line and they were just perfect on here. The blue paper is my own creation because I couldn't find one in the collection that I liked. So I made my own with some fun stamps from KI Memories and clear embossing powder.

Well that's all for tonight. I am gonna go play with my new ipad and all of its fun features.

Until next time,
Janeen :)

No comments: