Monday, May 10, 2010

A bit of Craftiness.... :)

Hello bloggers...again life has taken over and I have't blogged in forever. So to make up for my absence, I have lots of fun crafty stuff to post. :)

First up is a layout I made today. I tried a fun new technique...which I will share below.


Isn't it just super cute? I just totally love these pictures of Bailey when she was a puppy. Her favorite toy was her squeaky balls and I love these photos of her playing with them. And speaking of playing, I played with some of the papers from the April's Scarlet Lime kit....which is gorgeous by the way. Lots of bright primary colors paired with elegant black papers. I only used yellow pieces for this layout, but there are a ton of blues and reds too...Another layout is in the works with the kit so stay tuned. :)

The technique I want to share with you today is the black accents with the text type paper behind it. Believe it or not, this is all stamping! Except for the largest element on the layout which is a clear sticker from Heidi Swapp. I found a roll of 100 of these stickers at Tuesday Morning for $1.99 so you will probably be seeing A LOT of these on my upcoming projects. :)

So want to know how to get this super fun look? I simply used a few basic stamping supplies and 2 of my favorite stamps from Hero Arts:


              

Hero Arts Cling Stamp: Friend Definition                       Hero Arts Clear Stamp: Speckled Ornaments


 
1. Stamp the friend definition onto plain white cardstock using a black chalk or shadow ink. This gives the background the look of newsprint. I used the mini stamp press from Fiskars to mount my stamp on. I find that it gives me more control over where I place my stamp and also helps give me a more crisp image.



2. Adhere your cling stamp to an acryllic mount and stamp it on top of the image you stamped in step 1 with Versamark Ink or other favorite clear embossing ink. Sprinkle on black embossing powder and heat your image with a heat gun.





3. Cut out around the stamped image leaving about a 1/4 inch border around the image.



4. Use your favorite adhesive or pop-dots to attach your embellishment to your project.

I ended up using these flourish images on a set of cards that I made to have on hand.




________________________________________________________________________________

I also thought I would share a few of my other recent projects that I have been working on. Enjoy!



This layout was super fun and easy to put together. I followed a sketch out of a recent issue of Creating Keepsakes, altering the colors and elements to match my photos.  These photos are from a fun evening that my friends and I shared back in 2007. We had a bonfire and a hayride, which had a haunted stop along the way with a little church and a "ghost". It was a really good joke and we all still talk about that memorable adventure.



This is another sweet layout of my puppy Bailey out in the snow.  She loves to be outside in the white fluffy stuff and always ends up covered from head to tail in snow.  I had a lot of fun playing with these papers from American Crafts and adding some bling snowflakes from Basic Grey to add that special touch to the layout.



This layout was created for this month's design team challenge over at the If It's Groovy Blog. We were asked to get creative with shadows in our photographs and so I snapped this sweet photo of my parent's shadows on our driveway as they embraced. :) I was able to use up a small bit of my Valentine's paper stash by using these fun papers by Chatterbox and Carolee's Creations. The scalloped border is created with Paper Frills from Doodlebug and I used Prima roses to give my layout that special touch. 

No comments: