Monday, April 6, 2009

Back to Work

Well, Spring Break is officially over, but I sure had a great week!!! I kicked off my weekend by heading to JoAnn's and getting my new Cuttlebug that diecuts and embosses too! I made this adorable card with it too.

Then on Friday I spent the day scrappin' and created this super-cute page. I used some of my new patterned paper, a Fiskars border punch, and one of my favorite techniques of jute and eyelets. And the Woody sticker is so cute!!!

Saturday I spent the day cleaning out my school boxes that I have in the basement to make room for all the stuff I will be bringing home this summer. Sunday we spent the day with my grandma and we went out to eat with her. :)

Monday I checked out the Michaels over on 37....and can I just say WOW!!! That store is amazing! It is like a scrapbook store with Michael's around it. It is definately not your normal Michael's. I found so much cool stuff including Heidi Swapp paper, Making Memories Paperie paper, some cute new embellies, and 3 12x12 American Crafts albums for $10 each!!! :) Then after my fun excursion to Michael's, I headed to lunch with Mom and the little girl she babysits for. We went to Steak n' Shake and it was a ton of fun. Then I headed home to scrap and finished this fun page.

Tuesday Mom and I headed out shopping in search of a few new pairs of jeans for me. Luckily I found them at Macy's...Levis! In my size! I haven't been able to find Levi's in my size in FOREVER, so this totally made my day. Then we stopped at Archiver's and I picked up a few things that I needed. Then Mom and I headed to Logan's for lunch...yum!!! After that, Mom and I headed over to see my Uncle Jerry, who was diagnosed with brain cancer a few weeks ago. I am happy to say that he is doing quite well with his treatments and he looked good when we saw him. Then after we got home, my friend Michelle came over to pick up something up and we ended up talking for awhile. It was fun catching up with my dear friend.

Wednesday, I went to lunch with Emily at Cebolla's. With my crazy work schedule and her planning a wedding, we haven't had much time lately to just sit and chat, so it was fun to just spend some time with her. Then I headed home to scrap the rest of the day with Bailey.

Thursday, my dear friend Rebekeh came over to scrap with me for the day. We headed off to JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby to pick up a few things for our pages and we spent the rest of the day scrapping! I got two great pages done and I love both of them.

Thursday night was also the series finale of ER....my most favorite and most beloved show on TV. I have been a watcher since its first season. I was only 11 at the time but I remember sitting down and watching it a few times. I truly became a fan during season two and it has been rare that I miss an episode in those past 14 years. It has become my Thursday night ritual and now I just don't know what I will do without it. I even shed a few tears at the end, knowing that my favorite characters like Dr. Carter, Archie, Abbie, Nila, and the rest of the gang would not be there anymore. It was so final, so ending. So farewell, ER....you have been a great show and you will be truly missed by this fan.

Friday was the highlight of my spring break. Mom, Dad, and I braved the cool, windy weather and headed down to the Indianapolis Zoo. We saw all sorts of great animals like polar bears, rhinos, elephants, giraffes, penguins, dolphins, brown bears, and penguins. We even got to pet dog sharks. That was probably Mom's most favorite part. I loved every part of the experience and I took over 500 photos too! We also got to see the butterflies and gardens at the White River Gardens, which were exquisite! And the flowers were blooming and they smelled heavenly! We ended our day in Indy with a visit to one of my favorite restaurants, Weber Grill.

Then Saturday and Sunday I undertook the major project of reorganizing my cardstock....updating my cardstock list with all the new and discontinued colors, changing out my cardstock ring, and relabeling and reorganizing my cardstock collection. It was a huge project, much bigger than I would have ever guessed. It probably took me about 8 hours to complete...no joke! But it is complete and now I know which colors I won't be able to restock....which makes me sad because I used some of those colors all the time!!! Sigh...

And then tonight, I saw a shooting star and made a wish....now if only my dream would come true! (And it might, if I have anything to say about it....)

Now I am off to bed to finish this grueling, crazy week of mine (I hate going back to work after a break - way, way too much to do!)....night!

1 comment:

Corbin said...

hey, email me so that i can get your e-address. i have the bowling pics ready to send to you.
rebekeh