I know this is a bit late but I've been having issues logging onto Blogger since I updated my blog...still working on updates as well...but I did write out the answers on New Year's Day and had the best intentions of getting this up on here so here it is...better late than never.
I love doing these because it gives me a chance to look back on the past year and also to look forward to the next one. I also can see how I am growing and changing as a person which is fun too. :)
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Saw the Gateway Arch in Saint Louis, visited the Indiana Dunes, swam in Lake Michigan, became a substitute teacher, and I am sure many more but these are the big ones that I remember.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I know I made some last year but I can't remember what they were...bad me! :),
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Anna had her sweet baby girl, Kinsley. :)
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? None...but this will change in 2011. Israel here I come! :)
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A classroom teaching job and maybe a new car....or a boy. :)
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I can't say that one particular date is etched in my memory...many of the days bring good memories, and a few not so happy memories as well.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Hmmm...this one is deep. I would say surviving a whole year without being a teacher....it was a lot more difficult that I thought it would be, but I made it none-the-less.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not trusting God's perfect plan in every area of my life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? A pretty bad case of strep throat...ended up at the doctor for that one.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new zoom lens for my camera. :) (Although technically a Christmas present I am paying for half of it.)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My sister Renee who spent about half the year on her own while her husband Zach is in Iraq with the Air Guard. She has been so strong and amazing through all of it and I truly admire her for it. :)
13. What person most touched your life this past year? My parents...they have been a never-ending well of support for me and are always there to lift me up and encourage me when I stumble.
14. Where did most of your money go? Scrapbooking supplies, of course. :
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? my church's young adult group, Threefold, on Thursday nights....it truly is the best part of my week!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Jesus Saves by Jeremy Camp
17. Compared to this time last year, you are: Ready for change.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent more time in the Word, learning about Jesus. :)
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worried about my future...it is so much more worthwhile to lay it in God's hands.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Surrounded by family to celebrate the birth of my Savior.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? no...but this is a goal for 2011.
22. Best movie of 2011? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: part 1 - Hands down the best, most true-to-the-book movie so far...totally can't wait for part 2 this summer!
23. What was your favorite TV program? Way too many to name....NCIS and NCIS:Los Angeles were awesome as usual. And I started watching a few new programs as well: Criminal Minds, Gray's Anatomy, and Hawaii 5-0. :)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I lost a friendship with a friend who is still super-dear to my heart but we haven't talked in almost a year...hoping to change this in 2011.
25. What was the best book you read? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen....loved it! :)
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Franchesca Battestelli....an amazing Christian artist...so many of her songs just totally speak to me about where I am in life right now and are totally encouraging!
27. What did you want and get? A new zoom lens for my camera....I have wanted it for years and I finally got it and LOVE it!
28. What did you want and not get? To go back to Disney for the holidays. I will get there eventually!
29. What was your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving...it was so sweet and laid back and just a time to be with family and be thankful for all that God has given me.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28 and had an amazing dinner with my family at Halls' Gas House. :)
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A full time teaching job so I didn't have to work weekends. :)
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Comfortable jeans and a fun, fashionable top...and slippers at home! :)
33. What kept you sane? My family and friends
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Not really any...I guess I don't follow celebs.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? I guess the elections because I actually paid some attention to the different candidates.
36. Who did you miss? My brother in law Zach since he has been in Iraq...so ready for him to come home!
37. Who was the best new person you met? So many....Andre, Jen, Evin, Kara, Stasha, Lauren, and I could go on and on!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Fully Rely on God!